- Bhagawan Baba has given so much importance to education.The purpose of education is to inculcate virtues and character in every individual. He says, “The end of education is character.” and “True Education is not for mere living, but for a fuller and meaningful life.”
Symbol of good education
“Students should have in their hands the future of this country. Wherever they gather they should see that there is calm and peace, and that they earn respect of the community. The place where students gather should become a haven of peace and happiness. This is the mark of Symbol education.”
Education ,The source of humility
- Education is for life not for mere living. There are crores of people who are not educated in this country and who are still living a good life. Education should enable you to be an ideal example. Education should enable you to distinguish between right and wrong. It should promote humility in you and enable you to serve your parents and your country selflessly.”
Characteristics of education
- The two important characteristics of education are :
- One is exposition of facts relating to any subject.
- The other is the unfolding of the individual’s personality.
The first is concerned with matter. The second is with divine energy. Education is a combination of the two. It is a combination of worldly and spiritual knowledge. Education cannot be confined to stuffing the head. It has to melt the heart, refine it and turn it towards God. Man has to be transformed into an ideal human being with a compassionate heart. Every effort should be made to utilize education for the purpose of divinizing man.”
The Education programme is covered by the Sri Sathya Sai Organisation in Gujarat through The non formal mode by the Sri Sathya Sai Bal Vikas classes (for children 5 to 13 years of age) held in residential homes and Samithi centers.
The formal mode is implemented through the 4 Sri Sathya Sai Schools spread out in Navsari, Ahmedabad and Surat Districts.