- The Sri Sathya Sai Bal Vikas course is based on two principles – Existence of God & Divinity of Man. The classes are conducted to inculcate the five basic human values of truth, righteousness, peace, love and non violence in children. It is a secular programme inculcating in the tender minds of children, tolerance and respect for faiths and religions.
- The Sri Sathya Sai Bal Vikas Movement aims at good habit formation over the nine year duration of the course so that the child on completion of the Programme emerges with a strong sense of discrimination and good character. The course helps to instill in children – timeless and universal lessons, such as respect and reverence. Its best teaching practices include the five techniques of Prayer, story telling, group singing, silent sitting and experimental group activities.
- Sri Sathya Sai Bal Vikas is a ray of hope in this troubled world, as it is based on the premise that each child is a unique creative being and when treated as such, learns to recognize his or her own true self.
Impart Indian culture through Balvikas :
Our ancient Bharatiya culture was essentially based upon discipline and control of one’s own self. Today the students have reached a stage where they don’t need any discipline and control. They have replaced discipline with complete freedom and replaced control by developing anger. They are roaming around here and there without being able to recognize what is freedom. “The end of education is Character”. It is also imperative to recognize that the end of wisdom is freedom. Today there is no wisdom among these boys. They are only becoming deaf and dumb. Having been born in this sacred country of Bharat and having obtained a sacred human birth, they are becoming foolish as they are not able to understand the significance of spiritual education. This misunderstanding is a big loss to our country. So the Balvikas classes hold of such students with diligence and must sacrifice if necessary, to impart Bharatiya culture to them and try to see that it is imprinted in their heart
What is Bal Vikas Programme?
The main stakeholders of this beautiful program are 1) BV Children, 2) BV Gurus, and 3) Parents.
Sri Sathya Sai Bal Vikas classes are conducted with the main objective of initiating the child into a course of character building by developing self-discipline, providing healthy association, inculcating such habits of reading, listening, studying, and reciting as will sublimate the Childs growing mind. This course commences with small children (Group I) between 6 and 9 years of age for creating interest in the Childs mind, for the collective discipline and instruction that is to follow when the child moves on to Group II between the age 9 to 12 years. During 5-6 years of this training, the child is expected to have derived the following benefits:
- Having due respect for parents and other elders at home
- Pay due attention to school studies and proper respect to the school teachers
- Show good physical orderliness in respect of dress, behavior in school, society etc.
- Develop self-confidence
- Develop good manners, humility, speaking obligingly
- Develop good moral character
- Make good use of time by planning it in a balanced way between play, study, prayers etc.
- Have spirit of service for those who need his/her help
- Have love for God who expects us to be truthful, honest, good, loving, kind and helpful to all fellow beings
After completing this course, the student is considered fit for the Group III, conducted for the children between 12 to 15 years. At this stage the student, besides getting a firmer grounding in theoretical and practical syllabus, receives further training (Unity of faiths, Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man, Project work) which will widen his/her outlook on life, inculcate higher and nobler values of life.
A pre Sevadal activity and training course is conducted for children between 15 and 18 years of age. At the end of this, the student is considered fit to undergo training programmes as a Bal Vikas Guru or Sevadal which will equip him/her to serve according to his/her aptitude, abilities and aspiration in Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organizations.
The Bal Vikas programme is conducted on every Sunday in Sri Sathya Sai Mandirs/Schools/Devotee Houses for 1 Hr 30 minutes only through the use of five teaching techniques – Silent sitting/ guided visualization, Story-telling, Prayers, Group singing, Group Activities.
To know the nearest bal vikas center in your district please contact your District Bal Vikas Coordinator.
- Valsad :~ Smt Manorama H Naik ~ 02632254990
- Navsari :~ Smt Priti U Vaidya ~ 9909109152
- Surat :~ Smt Bela Modi ~ 9825766634
- Bharuch :~ Smt Sangita Padhiyar ~ 8200554330
- Vadodara : ~ Smt Usha Chandran ~ 9824789088
- Ahmedabad :~ Smt Harsha P Joshi ~ 9879517141
- Gandhinagar :~ Smt Trupti K Bhatt ~ 9427623372
- Visnagar :~ Smt Urvashi Modi ~ 9537376766
- Jamnagar :~ Smt Bhanu Thacker ~ 9825212869
- Rajkot :~ Smt Harsha Makwana ~ 9537976979
- Bhavnagar :~ Smt Rashmi Raichura ~ 8128405494
~ Jai Sairam ~