Manava Seva Ej Madhava Seva, Service to Man is Service to God
Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation was established at Mumbai in 1960 by the Divine Directions of Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. It was also established in Gujarat and some other States at the same time.
The Sathya Sai Organisation derives inspiration, guidance and strength from Bhagawan Baba’s mission and message of propagating the truth of man’s inherent divinity, which is proclaimed and preached by all religions of the world. In consonance with this truth, the Organisation has as its main objective selfless love and service without any distinction of religion, nationality, race, socio-economic status, either for those who work in the Organisation or for those who are served by them. Swami says “Every aspirant who seeks the Eternal through the path of devotion should strive to keep away from the turmoil, cruelties and falsehoods of this world and practice truth, righteousness, love and peace. This is indeed the path of devotion. Those who seek union with God and those who seek the welfare of the world should discard as worthless both praise and blame, appreciation and derision, prosperity and adversity. They should courageously keep steady faith in their own innate reality and dedicate themselves to spiritual uplift. No one, not even a great spiritual personality or Avatar, can ever escape criticism and blame. As aspirants, stay away from ignorant people and desist in discussing your belief and convictions with them. Become immersed in holy books and be in the company of the Lord’s devotees.” With full faith in Bhagawan’s words, we humbly pray to make us HIS worthy torchbearers and elevate us to HIS expectations.Thus, it transcends all barriers, leading humanity towards the ideal of ‘Fatherhood of God‘ and ‘Brotherhood of Man’. In fact, this spiritual basis enables every one in the Organisation to pursue his own religion better by putting its teachings into practice by way of love and service to the God who dwells in all hearts. That is why the Sai Organisation features in its emblem the symbols of some of the major religions of the world.Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisations focuses on Transformation of Individual and provides opportunities to its members to pursue their individual spiritual sadhana by engaging in various activities under its three wings:
- Service Wing.
- Education Wing.
- Spiritual Wing.
In Gujarat, there are 73 samithies in 21 districts with permanent medical centers in 9 districts imparting 55 different kinds of treatments such as Cataract operations with lens, Dentures, X-rays, Sonography, Physiotherapy, Ayurvedic, Homeopathy, Naturopathy, etc. More than 1.25 lakh patients have availed these facilities rendered free of cost by these medical centres in this year. There are 4 Sathya Sai Schools English medium and One Gujarati medium school imparting value based education with two schools at Surat and Navsari adopting Sri Sathya Sai Vidyavahini project. There are in all 2178 students in these schools and with Swami’s Grace the result for 10th board has been 100% for the seventh consecutive years in all the schools. Activities related to all three wings – Spiritual, Educational and Service are carried out regularly in all samithies.
With the Divine Grace & Blessings of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba,the following devotees have served as STATE PRESIDENTS of Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation Gujarat:
- Dr. V. S. Chudasama
- Late. Dr. C. G. Patel
- Late. Shri Madhubhai Patel
- Late. Shri Natubhai S. Shah
- Shri Manohar G. Trikannad
- Shri Hemant D. Patel ( Present )
Objectives of the Organisation
The principal objectives of Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation – Gujarat are:
- To help the individual –
- To be aware of the Divinity that is inherent in him and to conduct himself accordingly;
- To translate into practice in daily life, divine love and perfection; and therefore
- To fill one’s life with joy, harmony, beauty, grace, human excellence and lasting happiness;
- To ensure that all human relations are governed by the principles of Sathya (Truth), Dharma (Right Conduct), Shanthi (Peace), Prema (Love) and Ahimsa (Non-violence).
- To make devotees more sincere and dedicated in the practice of their respective religions by understanding properly the true spirit of their religion.
How are the Objectives attained?
The above-mentioned objectives are attained in the following manner:
- By observing the four principles laid down by Bhagawan Baba, namely:
- There is only One religion, the religion of Love
- There is only One caste, the caste of humanity
- There is only One language, the language of the Heart
- There is only One God, He is omnipresent.
- By constant remembrance of God and looking upon all creation as a manifestation of Divinity in different forms and shapes;
- By underlining the essential unity of all religions and securing proper understanding of all religions as being based on Love;
- By looking upon all work as service dedicated to the Divine;
- By bringing to bear upon all life’s problems, attitudes flowing from Divine Love, such as, understanding, compassion, tolerance, helpfulness, etc.
- By basing all actions on Love of Divinity, fear of sin and steadfast observance of morality in society;
- By engaging in spiritual, educational and service activities, both at the individual and community level, in an organized, systematic manner, without expecting any material reward or appreciation, but solely as a means to win God’s Love and Grace.